Translate

Friday, September 19, 2014

Two Houston Art Fairs

HFAF(3)2
Time is passing by fast, so fast.
I feel that the semester, my very last on e of my undergraduate career is moving in fast mode.  As of today I have only 84 days until the big day.  I've been trying to make the best of it and cram as much as I can.

art_market_Texas_new
Houston had two art fairs this month within weeks of each other. The Texas Contemporary Art Fair in the George R. Brown and the Houston Fine Art Fair in the NRG Center.  Both had their interesting over flow of artwork.
hfaf-logo
At the Texas Contemporary Art Fair I found several artists that inspired my current work.  I work a lot from my own photographs and I saw many artist that created unique pieces from photos. I had pushed my works to the side thinking that maybe they wouldn't be considered as interesting because most people don't appreciate photography as an art form.  After this fair I left pumped and feeling more secure about my artwork.  #MOTIVATED
Artwork by Maxim Wakutschik
Last night was the VIP preview of The Houston Fine Art Fair.  That place was the Houston art world.  My claustrophobia kicked in, I think I will avoid the VIP night the next time.  I do have to say that there was some amazing works. There were galleries from all over. It reminded me of the Biennale (of course not as big), art from artists & galleries from several countries.  I saw some fascinating artwork.  #INSPIRED
Arwork by Jay Kelly
Artwork by Jay Kelly
Artwork by Yuroz
Artwork by Yuroz
Artwork by Gerardo Feldstein
Artwork by Gerardo Feldstein
Sometimes artists get something like a writer block and seeing great artwork motivates and inspires you. It is also a great way to socialize and meet gallery owners & artists.

No comments: