Translate

Thursday, March 13, 2014

The Arts Alliance Art Exhibit

With my drawing titled Gigi


Now after a few years of studying art I can look back and appreciate every opportunity I have had along the way. Great professors that have advise to pass down and just experiences that help mold you as an artist. 

It feels like just yesterday when I was a part of The Arts Alliance Center Art Exhibit. I was lucky enough to get two art pieces in the show and a third promoted the exhibit at the University of Houston Clear Lake campus. 








2000 Nasa Parkway
Nassau Bay, TX 77058

With my print titled Rio Bravo, Guatemala

I always like it when my father in law gets a chance to see my work because he used to be quite artistic, actually still is. He was able to see the starting process of one of the art pieces at the exhibit.

With my in laws who came to support me




This was a student show where several schools tried for a chance to get their work exhibited. Just to be able to get in was a great honor. Not that I wanted to sell these pieces of work, my husband had already claimed one and one is my favorite piece so far. My husband is my biggest fan and always says he loves something and says that I can not sell it. Maybe this is why they use the word "Starving" alongside artist. The other was for sale at the time, it did not sell then and now it is part of a private collection in California.

With personal friend Carla Chamut 
who also had artwork in the exhibit

It was an experience to be able to see people linger by my art work. Who knows what they are thinking, like it or not but at least it causes someone to look. I was excited that I was able to share the same feeling with my good friend & classmate who also had some of her art work exhibited.


With classmates who also had artwork in the show.



No comments: