Translate

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Two weeks down...

Supporting my fellow artist classmate Aldo Roldan in
his exhibit for Project Row Houses in Houston, Texas

"The Struggle Continues: a Depiction of Mexican Dreams and Hopes"




I have been going going & going some more these past 2.5 weeks. I am still not used to my crazy new schedule. I thought I was super woman, I guess I'm not. 








With classmates and artists supporting Aldo Roldan
From left to right: G. Hernandez, Aldo Roldan, 
Jeramiah Macha, Leslie Guzmán, P. Stilen, S. Ahnirel Mann

Since I am in advanced painting I have a few more assignments than before. I also have to attend art opening and exhibits. Which I do that anyways, now it counts as a grade. This is not to forget about my 5 other classes that I have so much to do for. Three of those classes are not studio art classes and I have to remind myself about them. 




I have several projects started in my studio none close to being finished. To the right you see my 3D Design project started. I don't even know how I ended up with this. My original brainstorm ideas were completely different. I just did no have the time or the materials to make them a reality.


The project is a box project. I wanted to be different so I used a styrofoam box I found in my garage. Thanks to my hubby that doesn't like to throw away things.






I do have a job this semester. It is very part time but I also want to be able to give 100% at it. It is my first art job in the art world. I have to thank God for my study abroad in Italy this summer. I didn't just learn so much about art and see a beautiful country. I had the opportunity to meet my now boss! I really was scared of where and when I was going to start paving the pavement searching for a job with my art degree in hand and no experience.




Mixed Media project from last year that
I abandoned, finishing it up now.






This week has been really busy and I really doubt that the rest of the month will slow down. I hope that I can produce really good under pressure.




No comments: