Translate

Monday, August 26, 2013

The Start of Bottega Guzmán

My new favorite number


I felt that it was time to break in my new art studio today is after all the first day of school. I was wrong, today was off to a sloppy bad day which made everything else go downhill. Maybe after a few hours of down time I will feel inspired again.

I have been slowing taking supplies and shelves to make it my little art corner.




This is how the studio looked before,
it was being emptied slowly

My studio #157 is one of several student art studios at my college. It came as a surprise that I was one of the lucky students to get one. I adore my adviser for seeing the potential in me that I like many other artists doubt about. 

Once the initial feeling of shock died down after she gave me the news a huge feeling of honor took over.


Now the pressure is on to create... (Insert mysterious theme song here)

I put in an easel
already looks better
Unfortunately I did not have all summer to move in. The previous occupant took time moving out. I guess I can't blame them, I don't want to start thinking of my graduation day. 

As you can see really bare white walls. Not so pretty in an artist studio. It started looking bad to me almost as if I was already not producing. It was making me nervous.




After a little of this... It looked better
My study abroad trip was this July but that is another story to tell much later. By the time I came back there were only two weeks before school would resume. I thought studio time! Wrong, I got a job. I am not complaining it is a great opportunity and my first job in the art world.


Not the best picture, as you
 can see looking pretty bad

So this weekend, as in two days ago, I came in and tried to make it more Leslie. It still does not say me but at least some of the white walls have a little color on them.

The work you see me hanging on the picture on the left is some of last semester's art projects. My goal is to replace all of it with amazing work inspired from my summer abroad trip.

My summer paintings I started before I left to Italy are all abandoned, I should get back to my neglected pieces.





I'm curious of so many things
about my own progress as an artist. Not sure what this semester has in store for me but I am excited either way. At this moment in time I'm going to enjoy my time at school, in my art studio and my new art gallery job.





No comments: