Translate

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Last Undergraduate Art Exhibit

Selfie with my artwork
Selfie with my artwork
It has been three days since the opening of my Bachelor of Fine Art Exhibit. I have rested a tiny bit yet I'm full of energy and pumped! Maybe because a HUGE weight has been lifted of my shoulders. I didn't even realize that I was stressed out about my upcoming show.
 
 
Well now the highly anticipated day that I was counting down to arrived and passed by. It left me a feeling of accomplishment and confidence. My family, friends and fellow classmates all came out and supported my big night. I have to say I am blessed to have them all.
Life long friends
Life long friends
 
I'm a type A personality with a pinch of anal added to the mix. I knew my Senior Show was a big deal and I have prepared for some time. Even with the extra time I was still running behind. I wanted everything to be perfect because these were not strangers coming, these were the close people in my life. This show in my opinion is more personal than graduation. Graduation you share with your entire graduating class not  & all your family can not make it. This show is all about YOU and your art and anyone that wants to attend can.
Some of the many people that came out to support me
Some of the many people who came out to support me, my sorority sisters
The night of the exhibit I had a few VIP artists give me A-M-A-Z-I-N-G critiques. I kept saying be brutally honest I can take it and they promised they were. This was my entire night, now you can understand the confidence part. Three hours went by so fast and smoothly. Everyone was interested in hearing about my process and the inspiration of my art.
LeslieGuzmanBFAExhibit (106)1
Either way it is all over and I feel ready for the next step, graduation. It is now only 20 days until that big day. Now that the big exhibit is over, I'm more than ready to walk the stage and get my diploma. I'm ready to start adult life and create art.
These are only a few of the pictures from the opening night. You can see the rest on my Facebook Page.

No comments: